Herbed Rissoles with Mushroom sauce
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
I really believed that planning a well-balanced menu requires attention to add nutritious vegetables. In addition , I’ve added our favorite vegetables on each side to make it interesting, not only because of the taste but also in texture and color. The good combination of brown, yellow, red, orange and green makes a handsome appeal!
375 minced beef
3 small onions, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 small carrot, coarsely grated
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
15 g butter
2 teaspoons Canola oil
How to make Mushroom Sauce:
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons dry red wine
1 cup water
1 small beef stock cubes, crumbled
5 green shallots, finely chopped
60 g small button mushrooms, sliced
1. In a bowl,combine minced beef,onion,carrot,pepper,thyme,garlic and egg. Mixed all ingredients together. Make it firm to hold together.
2. Using your hands (don’t forget to wash) Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape the beef into balls and flatten slightly. Toss rissoles into flour.
3. Heat butter and oil in a frying pan. Fry rissoles for 10 minutes turning each side. Turn rissoles with egg slide several times. Drain. Spoon off the excess fat remaining from the pan, set aside.
4. Mushroom sauce: Combine 2 teaspoons of excess oil and flour, stir occasionally over medium heat until flour mixture browns lightly. Combine together wine, water and stock cube. Bring to boil, stir constantly until sauce has thickened.
5. Add shallots and mushrooms to the sauce, simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Arrange rissoles on a serving plate with the vegetables. Pour sauce over rissoles and serve.
I’ve arranged it with vegetables of my choice; broccoli flower, carrot strips and french fries. At least I have 3 combinations on the side. It looks like this before pouring the sauce.