This is a recipe for busy days. It is very easy to prepare and does not consume all your time in the kitchen. I learned this recipe from my cousin following an old cookbook . I’m happy with the result because my first attempt was successful and the taste was superb. I added fresh green cabbages to make it more delicious. This is a Chicken breasts, stuffed with cheese, ham, fresh cabbage and rosemary, then coated with egg and breadcrumbs and fried. 4 servings.
4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
4 slices lean cooked ham
150g (5 oz.) cheese, grated
Few fresh rosemary leaves
Fresh green cabbage chopped
100g (4 oz.) fresh white breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
15 ml. (1tsp.) vegetable oil
To serve: optional
Few sprigs rosemary
1. Place chicken breasts on flat surface and pound them to an even thickness with a meat mallet.
2. Cut a slice of ham in half and place the two halves on a chicken breasts, folding a ham so that it does not overhang the edges. Repeat with remaining ham and chicken.
3. Take 75g of the cheese and divide it between the chicken breasts, sprinkling it over the ham.
4. Place a little rosemary and thin slices of cabbage on the top of each chicken breasts and roll up neatly; secure with wooden cocktail sticks. Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining grated cheese.
5. Brush each roulade with egg, then coat well with a breadcrumb mixture. Put the coating on to the roulades firmly.
6. Melt the butter with the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the roulades and fry quickly until even browned all over; then reduce the heat and cooked slowly for about 15 minutes and until cooked right through.
7. Drain the roulades on a kitchen paper towel and remove the cocktail sticks. Serve plain, or with a tomato or hollandaise sauce. If you wish, If not serving with a sauce, garnish with sprigs of rosemary or tomato.